What are its claims?To save you the hassle of digesting the sales pitch I have produced a summary of all they have to say about themselves here:
Learn to speak Chinese online quickly, easily and confidently with Rocket Chinese Premium featuring interactive audio, games, quizzes, grammar and culture.
- Watch easy to follow videos that show you how to write Chinesecharacters yourself.
- The 31 Interactive Audio Lessons on CD, which include transcripts of the conversations in Chinese and English.
- Speak and improve your Chinese with every lesson, by taking part in the modern, everyday conversations that make up the popular Rocket Chinese Premium 31-lesson Interactive Audio Course,
- Know how much your Chinese has improved with the Rocket Chinese interactive quizzes and Rocket Rehearsal self-tests,
- Have all your Chinese language questions answered by the Rocket Chinese teachers, native speakers and fellow Chinese learners in the Rocket Chinese Forum – open 24/7!
- Get step-by-step written explanations to boost your understandingof the Chinese writing system.
- Get redirected to the Rocket Chinese online member’s area, where you have lifetime access to your Rocket Chinese Premium package!
- Build your Chinese vocabulary and improve your audio recognition of common Chinese words and phrases (and have fun at the same time!) with the MegaChinese software games,
- Boost your Chinese-speaking confidence by getting certified with the Rocket Chinese Certificate Tests!
- A Read-Me-First PDF to help you get the most out of your Rocket Chinese course.
How much can I trust it?Ok, so how am I going to answer this one? Remember, I haven’t actually bought this product (I’m relying on you guys to do that and leave your reviews to the right). Well, I’m sure I can find out some useful info for you to help you make your purchase. To begin with, I’ve looked up the product on trust ranking websites such as http://mywot.com. Rocket Languages Chinese scores an averge of 4.00, which is above average and counts in the site’s favour.
Is anyone actually buying it?Time for some hard facts. We can use statistics provided by the payment processor. They release something they call the product’s “Gravity”. It can be used a an indication of a product’s sales rank. I’ve taken this amount and produced a rating out of 100. Products with a high rating are popular. Rocket Languages Chinese scores 68.46/100 which is around standard.
Your buying optionsSo, you’ve read through the summary of what the product does (or claims to do…). You’ve read the user reviews on the right hand side of the page. Perhaps you’ve even decided you’d like to buy the product. So what now?
Option 1: Buy DirectYou click on the following link to http://www.rocketlanguages.com/chinese/premium/index.php, and find their link to buy the product. From there you’ll be linked through to the payment processor page and you can pay with a credit/debit card or PayPal. At the time of writing this review the standard price for the product was $99.95.
Option 2: Buy Through My LinkIf you click this link: rocketlanguages.com you’ll also be taken through to rocketlanguages.com, where you can go through the same process as Option 1. However, because you were sent to the site via a special link, I get the credit for sending you over. If you do end up buying, I will be given a commission. There’s no difference in the cost to you. You might want to choose this option if:
- You feel my site has helped you and you’d like to say thanks.
- You’d like to receive a purchase bonus (see below)